Monday, January 16, 2012

Let the work begin!

Hello everyone!
Well almost two weeks here. It is crazy because I feel like I have been here for so much longer.
I have started to really miss my family lots and everyone now, but my dad gave me an idea to pray about that I have decided to do. He said I should pray about not talking to anyone from home for 5 days. So I prayed about it this morning and it was just pretty clear to me that it would help me out. So I have decided to fast from my laptop and ipod for 5 days until Sunday when I can talk to people again. I am going to be trying to spend more time in the prayer room while not talking to people and spending some time with God. I am trying to fill myself up with only God, and turn that longing for my family into longing for God. Should turn out to be a pretty good week.
We had our second and main intern orientation this morning. Got my binder full of my schedule, calendar, assignments and all that fun stuff. We are going to be reading through that whole Old Testament and also reading Heavenly Man by Brother Yun, and Loyalty by Bob Sorge. I will be doing preschool in the morning with two of the younger children, Zander and Christina. They are both three years old. I am pretty excited to start. After doing preschool at work with the kids I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to do. I can't wait, going to go over letters, numbers, and sing songs, plus some arts and crafts when we are able to. I think it is going to be a challenge at the same time but also contain a lot of joy and joy will come from it; for both me and the kids.
I will have time in the evening to do my planning the next couple weeks while our extra help is still here. So I am gonna have to try and get everything done that I need. All my reading and journaling and papers I have to write. I have to write a paper a week and them book report papers after both books.
Today during out orientation we did this thing where we all wrote thank you notes to everyone, even ourselves. I thought it was really cool. We got to hear what other people though and it was great to hear words of encouragement. I think that will help me also since I will not be talking to my parents. Having the support I have here is great. I have made some wonderful friends that I know won't leaving me stranded. But I am excited to spend more time with God this next week, and use the prayer room more; I feel like God has a lot that he has to show me.
I love you all and love your support! I will send out an email next week after my fast! : )
Love From Near and Far,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment