Saturday, January 7, 2012

Still alive!! :)

Hello everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to sit down and write an updated blog entry. Things are going amazing. :) I really do love it here. Tuesday morning though I missed my flight. that was the worst morning ever. Just bawled and went home. My luggage went to Belize City without me. Though after getting my flight rescheduled and getting some rest at home Wednesday morning at the airport went really well. It was just my parents and I and we facetimed my sister on my dads phone. Saying goodbye and that whole day went very smoothly. Made it here!
When I first got here it was very overwhelming. There were extra people here that they hadn't planned on and dinner was getting ready and it was all busy busy. So Melissa let me. All my parents and let them know I made it. I cried a bit then and that night but since then I have been really. Made some new friends with my roommates they Re really cool and so nice. Everyone here is so welcoming and friendly. It's like a big family here. :)
I haven't been on a set work schedule yet but hopefully next week we will get them. So far we have just done random things and cooking and clean up after meals. And lots of dishes! Dishes are never ending here!
It is quite beautiful here. :) Palm greens and lots of green everywhere. One of my favorite things has been the fireflies all along the lawn before bed time. They are so cool to just watch. :)
We have devotions every morning. Those always go really well. I enjoy them very much.
I will try and get pictures up on Facebook soon! Love you all!
Love From Near and Far,
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. this is going to be a life changing adventure...enjoy it...I look forward to your updates.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I remember the fireflies. One evening we went to one of the outer villages near the Moho, (I think), and there was this big field, and they were ALL OVER. It was the COOLEST thing ever. And the stars. SO MANY STARS. Really wanting now to go back down with Randy for like a second honeymoon or something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that would be cool Aunt Linda.
    Thanks Kathy! I will try and update as often as I can, but not sure how often that will be.
    : )

    ReplyDelete