Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last week Home!!!

This week has been quite amazing! Christmas Eve spent with my whole family was great. I loved being able to see everyone before I left. : ) Christmas day through Wednesday my parents, sister and I went to Lincoln City and stayed in a beach house for a few nights. Awesome time to spend together right before I leave. My sister was able to stay the whole time also. It was great to see her again. I don't get to very often.
Thursday night... Hmmm, let's just say I have amazing friends and girls in the youth group and from Young Life. They put together a surprise going away party for me! I loved it! Went in for a meeting with Ben, the youth pastor, and end up getting kidnapped and taken to The Rock for a surprise party and video they made of them saying memories with me, my favorite jokes, and time we spent together. It was great. : D I love it.
Yesterday a few of the girls and I went to Vancouver for one last girls day. Love my girls so much. I will miss them like crazy! Today my mom and I went to REI and got a few last minute things for me and some things for her. Also last day for Olive Garden... Can I just say, YUM! : ) Love you mommy!
Update about Belize adventures...I get to go to Guatemala!! I am going to be apart of the Hiking team going to remote villages. Not exactly sure what we will be doing, but you better believe God's love will be spread.: ) I cannot wait to use some of my Spanish. It is going to be quite an adventure.
I have been more on the excited side instead of the emotional side lately. Trying to keep it that way since I know I will be coming home soon. I can't wait to be able to share stories from Belize, I know I am going to have so many. God has given me this opportunity, and now the opportunity to go to Guatemala, where I used to want to go, and I will be able to test out my Spanish, which is always exciting for me! Haha. I
ll try and blog again soon!
Love From Far and Near
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment